Adium Xtras add new message display styles, emoticon sets, dock icon packs, sound packs, third party plugins or other add-in resources to Adium, allowing you to fully customize your Adium experience. Visit the Adium Xtras site to download Xtras for your Adium client.
Table of Contents
- How do I install an Xtra?
- How do I find an installed Xtra?
- How do I remove an Xtra?
- How do I get support for an Xtra?
- How do I create an Xtra?
How do I install an Xtra?
To install an Xtra from the Adium Xtras site, click the install link on the Xtra's page. To install an Xtra that you have already downloaded, simply doubleclick it. In either case, Adium will launch and put the Xtra into the correct place for you.
How do I find an installed Xtra?
Xtras are stored in subfolders of this folder:
(Your Home Folder)/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0
Each folder contains a different type of Xtra.
- Contact List - Contact list layouts and themes (.ListLayout?, .ListTheme?)
- Dock Icons - Dock-icon packs (.AdiumIcon?)
- Emoticons - Emoticon packs (.AdiumEmoticonSet)
- Menu Bar Icons - Menu bar icon packs (.AdiumMenuBarIcons)
- Message Styles - Message styles (.AdiumMessageStyle)
- PlugIns - Plugins (.AdiumPlugin)
- Scripts - Scripts (.AdiumScript)
- Service Icons - Service icon packs (.AdiumServiceIcons)
- Sounds - Sound packs (.AdiumSoundSet)
- Status Icons - Status icon packs (.AdiumStatusIcons)
How do I remove an Xtra?
In 1.0, the method to remove Xtras is easy:
- Open the Xtras Manager from the Adium menu
- Navigate to the appropriate category
- Select the Xtra you wish to remove
- Click the Delete button to remove the Xtra
Removing Xtras must be done manually in versions prior to 1.0. To remove an Xtra:
- Quit Adium
- Locate the Xtra within the appropriate folder (listed above)
- Drag the Xtra to the trash
- Relaunch Adium
How do I get support for an Xtra?
An Xtra installed from the Adium Xtras site is supported by the Xtra's author. The first place to seek support is on the Xtra's page, probably in the comments unless the Author has given other instructions. If that doesn't work, try the Adium forums.
How do I create an Xtra?
Start by looking here.