|Reported by:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Owned by:|
|Milestone:||Good ideas for later||Component:||El Vision del Tick|
|Keywords:||GPG, GnuPG, PGP, encryption||Cc:|
Description (last modified by tick)
I would like to see end-to-end GnuPG(4*)-based encryption in Adium, compatible with other PSI/Jabber users. No sensible data should be passed over a unencrypted protocol. All IM-protocols are unencrypted. GnuPG for e-mail has a esthablished Web-Of-Trust which could be positivily adapted by the IM-protocol world.
There are 3 implementations to solve this problem:
- PSI(3*) and maybe other IM clients implement jep-27 (1*). "This document outlines the current usage of OpenPGP for messaging and presence."
- There is rfc-3923 (2*) which suggests: "End-to-End Signing and Object Encryption for the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)". (Afaik, it is not implemented)
- GAIM is using a gaim-only solution with a plugin.
Maybe I am wrong here so please tell my if need to contact the libgaim people.
Change History (48)
comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by adamiser
- Summary changed from adium to end-to-end GnuPG-based encryption
comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by durin42
- Milestone Adium X 0.90 (Old) deleted
- priority changed from normal to low
comment:24 in reply to: ↑ 22 Changed 10 years ago by tick
- Component changed from Core Adium to El Vision del Tick
comment:29 Changed 10 years ago by tick
- Summary changed from end-to-end GnuPG-based encryption to GPG encryption