Some chat logs lose datestamps in 1.5.9 Transcript Viewer
|Reported by:||BiggusB||Owned by:|
Starting only with 1.5.9, various historical chat logs have lost their datestamps as shown in the Chat Transcript Viewer.
Steps to reproduce
- Install 1.5.9
- Open Chat Transcript Viewer
- Note blanks in the "Date" field. (Optional: try sorting on date.)
Each log entry would show a (correct) datestamp.
There's a blank in the "Date" field in the viewer. Oddly, sorting on date doesn't put the blank logs at either the top or the bottom. In fact, the sorts don't seem to be chronological at all (although I'm not filing a separate ticket on that since I suspect it may be an artifact of this issue).
I noticed the problem under a pre-release version of 1.5.9 and again under release. It was not a problem with 1.5.8 and previous versions.
- This appears to be more of an issue with older AIM logs, although I identified some instances of older GTalk logs being affected as well. I can't say with authority, but it seems to be logs that are several years old. (I've been using Adium since 2006.)
- Rebuilding the index does not help. I tried this three times.
- Relaunching the app does not help.
- Reverting to 1.5.8 works fine. The logs show up normally there. An index rebuild is not necessary.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by Robby
- Cc wixardy added
- Milestone changed from Adium bugs to Adium 1.5.10