Adium goes into using > 100% cpu when the server closes a connection
|Reported by:||acli||Owned by:|
|Milestone:||Adium 1.5.10||Component:||Adium Core|
When Adium displays a password dialog and is not quickly dismissed, Adium eventually uses > 100% cpu and system temperature shoots above 73°C despite the cpu fan spinning at 6200rpm.
Steps to reproduce
- Leave Adium idle
- Google account disconnectes and Adium shows password dialog
- Several hours later system temperature reaches 73°C. At least three cores out of 4 register a temperature >72°C. top(1) shows Adium using >120% cpu.
- Enter the password (several times to dismiss all dialogs) and system temperature drops below 60°C within 1 minute
Scenario 2 (reproduced):
- Quit and retart Adium
- Launch top(1)
- Wait for Adium to ask for a password
- Switch to top(1) but do not enter your password
- Adium cpu usage shoots from < 10% to > 148% within a minute
- Enter passwords (often multiple times for the same account) and cpu usage drops back to the normal range
The presence of a password dialog should not cause Adium to use anywhere near 100% cpu, let alone >120% cpu.
System temperature shot up to a dangerous level and cpu usage was >120%. The system was virtually completely idle.
This is Adium 1.5.7
Change History (30)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by Robby
- Status changed from new to pending
Changed 4 years ago by acli
comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by Thijs Alkemade <me@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:15 in reply to: ↑ 14 Changed 3 years ago by sphynx
- Summary changed from Adium goes into using > 100% cpu when a password dialog is not dismissed quickly to Adium goes into using > 100% cpu when the server closes a connection