Having two accounts with the same JID crashes Adium
|Reported by:||zviratko||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||jid gtalk xmpp||Cc:|
Having multiple accounts with the same JID causes Adium to crash.
It may look like there's no point in this, but there are scenarios when it would be useful.
In my case, Google Apps account without GTalk enabled can't be used for Android (GTalk channel is bearer of Market data), but I use external Jabber server to communicate with most people. GTalk users are directed to Google's servers even though my DNS points outside. I need to have two accounts then - one using my own Jabber server, the other using GTalk.
Other example would be a Jabber server reachable via different hostnames from inside enterprise network and outside (yes, I've seen this).
Steps to reproduce
- Add a XMPP account with JID: user@…
- Add a GTalk acccount with JID: user@…
- Both accounts go offline, changing status to Available crashes Adium
I expect Adium to connect to different servers with the same JID if desired
Crashes on OSX 10.8.2, MBP Retina, Adium 1.5.4b1
Change History (10)
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by trac-robot
- Resolution set to outofdate
- Status changed from pending to closed
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by Robby
- Resolution outofdate deleted
- Status changed from closed to new