Leaks when pasting data into chat box
|Reported by:||hellais||Owned by:||sphynx|
|Milestone:||Adium 1.5.8||Component:||Adium Core|
|Keywords:||security privacy tor||Cc:|
Description (last modified by wixardy)
I have Adium configured to use a SOCKS5 proxy, but when I copy and paste some text from a website that contains images it does a request to that website trying to fetch that content.
Steps to reproduce
- Configure Adium to use SOCKS5 Proxy
- Select all text from this webpage: #15161 (cmd-A) and paste it into a chat
- With little snitch I see a request being made on port 80 to trac.adium.im
I expect Adium not to be doing random unexpected requests to sites or at the very least if it *must* do so that it is done from inside the proxied environment.
Some random request is being made
This is a crucial security and privacy bug.
Change History (21)
comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 3 ; follow-up: ↓ 5 Changed 5 years ago by hellais
comment:16 Changed 3 years ago by Thijs Alkemade <me@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:20 Changed 3 years ago by sphynx
- Keywords tor added
- Milestone changed from Adium 1.6 to Adium 1.5.8