Can’t log in to gtalk with an application specific password (2-factor authentication)
|Reported by:||robin_reala||Owned by:|
I made a new Google account and set it to 2-factor authentication. I then generated an application specific password for Adium to use.
Steps to reproduce
- Make a new Google account
- Set it up with 2-factor authentication
- Generate an application specific password from the Account Settings page
- Make a new GTalk account in Adium and try to use that password to log in.
Adium logs in to GTalk as per usual.
Fails to log in.
Haven’t tried to work backwards to see if this has previously not been a problem.
It’s entirely possible (and maybe even likely) that this is a GTalk problem rather than an Adium problem, but I thought try here first to eliminate one potential source.
Change History (11)
Changed 6 years ago by robin_reala
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by sphynx
- Summary changed from Can’t log in to gtalk with a 2-factor authenticated Google account to Can’t log in to gtalk with an application specific password (2-factor authentication)
- Type changed from enhancement to defect