searching transcripts is very unreliable
|Reported by:||jwz||Owned by:|
|Milestone:||Adium 1.5.3||Component:||Adium Core|
Description (last modified by Robby)
Searching through old Adium transcripts almost never works. The text is there in the log files (as revealed by grep) but I get no (or too few) search results when searching for words in either the Chat Transcript Viewer or with Spotlight. It's not just some words or particular searches. I don't see a pattern as to what works and what doesn't, but it's bad enough that I can never rely on it.
Steps to reproduce
- in Chat Transcript Viewer, I select All Contacts, and type "testicles" in the search field. It shows one matching chat transcript. When I click on it, it shows me no results.
- In Spotlight, I get no Adium-related results.
- In Terminal, I type:
find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adium\ 2.0/Users/Default/Logs -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep -i testicles | wc -l
and get hits on 11 .xml, .chatlog and/or .AdiumHTMLLog files.
I expected results.
I did not get results.
If you can tell me some things to try to help diagnose this, I'd be happy to.
About a month ago I rebuilt my Spotlight database with "mdutil -E /", so I do know that doing that doesn't fix it.
I do not believe this is a new problem. I believe searching chat transcripts has basically never worked reliably since I started using Adium 4+ years ago.
Change History (51)
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by earthmkii
- Milestone set to Adium 1.4.x
- Status changed from pending to new
comment:10 in reply to: ↑ 9 ; follow-up: ↓ 11 Changed 6 years ago by aleph1
comment:15 in reply to: ↑ 14 Changed 5 years ago by earthmkii
- Milestone changed from Adium bugs to Adium 1.5
comment:21 follow-up: ↓ 22 Changed 5 years ago by Robby
comment:27 Changed 5 years ago by Robby
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Adium 1.5.1 to Adium 1.5.x
- Severity changed from normal to major
comment:37 follow-up: ↓ 38 Changed 5 years ago by meshko
comment:49 Changed 5 years ago by Robby
- Milestone changed from Adium 1.5.x to Adium 1.5.3
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed